Salary- $1,828.33 Biweekly
- Minimum age of 18 years.
2. United States citizen prior to application.
3. High school diploma or equivalent. An evaluation of foreign high school diploma may be required.
4. Must not have been convicted of any felony. All candidates must not have been convicted of any perjury or a false statement charge as an adult. All other arrests and convictions will be reviewed on a case-by- case basis. Must have good moral character as determined by a background investigation (F.S.S. 943.13).
5. If ever arrested, candidates must submit an official court disposition with the application. You may contact the Clerk of the Court in the county in which the incident occurred to obtain this information. Arrest records must be attached to the online application.
6. Must successfully pass the Corrections Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT) or Florida Basic Abilities Test (FBAT), and BASIC MOTOR SKILLS test administered at the Institute of Public Safety at Broward Community College prior to submitting an application. Results for all required tests must be attached to the online application.
7. Must possess and maintain throughout employment, a valid Florida driver license without any restrictions affecting job performance. Driver license must show current address. All candidates must submit with the application, a Certified Department of Motor Vehicles "entire" driving history.
- Florida driving histories can be obtained at any courthouse in Broward County. Three year, 7 year, and online Florida driving history records will not be accepted.
- If you have possessed a driver's license in any other state in the past 10 years you will need to submit an "entire" driving history from that state. For non-Florida driving histories, please contact that state's division of motor vehicles.
- The search date for all driving histories must be within one month of the date the application for employment is received by the Bureau of Human Resources
- Driving history records must be attached to the online application.
- If claiming Veteran's Preference, candidates must provide a DD214 Member 4 form at time of application.
DO NOT SUBMIT THE ON-LINE APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE CORRECTIONS CRIMINAL JUSTICE BASIC ABILITIES TEST (CJBAT) OR THE FLORIDA BASIC ABILITIES TEST (FBAT) AND BASIC MOTOR SKILLS TESTS AND HAVE ATTAINED ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMITTING THE ONLINE APPLICATION:
- CJBAT or FBAT
- BASIC MOTOR SKILLS tests results from Broward College
- Certified "entire" driving history
- If ever arrested, submit official court disposition, police report, and written statement for review
- DD214 Member 4 form (if claiming Veterans' Preference)
To view additional information on the required CJBAT and Basic Motor Skills tests, please visit the Broward College Institute of Public Safety Testing Center website: Testing Center
To view the Broward College Physical Fitness Preparation Guide, please click on the following link: Physical Fitness Preparation Guide