Kids In Distress is looking to hire a full-time Family Support Counselor to provide intensive Family Preservation Services using the HOMEBUILDERS model, including crisis intervention, counseling, skill building, concrete services, and advocacy. This is a great opportunity for somebody that has excellent communication skills, loves working with children and families, and is looking to work flexible hours including some evening and weekend hours.
The Homebuilders Family Support Counselor serves two families at a time following the Homebuilders standards. This position reports to the program supervisor.
- Bachelor degree or Graduate degree in Social Work or related field, and at least two (2) years of experience working with children and families.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no restrictions; good driving record (no serious infractions); vehicle in good working condition; automobile liability insurance that meets minimum agency requirements.
- Meet state / contract requirements for transporting clients and for unrestricted access to children (e.g., no crimes or negative actions that would affect background clearance, no driving infractions that prohibit transportation of clients).
- Commitment to the HOMEBUILDERS model.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain client confidentiality.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with MS Word, e-mail and Internet.
- Must live in designated service area.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Typical Working Conditions
- Requires working flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Work is performed in an office environment, the community and client homes.
- Requires extensive travel to client homes and throughout the community.