Come be a CNA Day Center and Home Health Aide with us!
OBJECTIVE: The primary role of the Certified Nursing Assistant-Home Care is to provide assigned residents with routine daily nursing care, activities of daily living, incidental homemaking and personal care in accordance with established agency nursing care procedures as directed by supervisors. The Home Health Aide reports any noted changes in the resident as they are noted.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Home Health Functions
• Assists residents with personal care activities, including but not limited to:
Ø Bathing – full or partial;
Ø Shampoo/hair care;
Ø Skin care/nail care, including foot soaks;
Ø Oral hygiene/denture care;
• Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding accurate performance of vital signs, weights, etc.
• Administer medications and treatments under the director and supervision of the RN (refer to Medication Administration section).
• Assists with ambulation, transfers and exercise.
• Assist with body positioning or transfers of clients who are not ambulatory.
• Perform household services essential to health care at home, including, but not limited to:
Ø Meal preparation/feeding;
Ø Light housekeeping.
• Assist with bowel and bladder control, devices and training programs.
• Respond and attend to client requests promptly.
• Maintain proper hand washing techniques.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. State approved nursing assistant course completion/certification, or enrollment in approved course per state guidelines.
3. CPR certified / First Aid Certified
4. Have demonstrated sympathetic attitude toward care of the sick.
5. Process the ability to read, write and carry out directions.
6. Possess the maturity to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
7. Have demonstrated the ability to work with little supervision and make appropriate judgment.
8. Have demonstrated dependability, tact, and ability to follow orders.
9. Experience in an Assisted Living Facility or Memory Care Unit strongly preferred.
10. Ability to prioritize duties.
11. Customer service oriented.
12. Ability to understand and follow work assignments.
13. Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of such resident care responsibilities as lifting and moving residents.
14. Possesses coordination and dexterity required to provide resident care skillfully.
15. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
16. Must be a team player.