Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Team Manager, manages and directs all activities and processes related to the daily management of predictive, preventive and proactive maintenance programs to improve process reliability (PR) while reducing maintenance costs.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated, is seeking an Electrical Electronic Technician Work Leader reporting to the Maintenance Team Manager. This incumbent will work at the Hunt Valley Plant located in Hunt Valley, MD. Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Team Manager, the Electrical Electronic Technician Work Leader will manage and direct all activities and processes related to the daily management of predictive, preventive, and proactive maintenance programs to improve process reliability while reducing maintenance costs.
The incumbent will maintain packaging, blending and fermentation equipment in multiple departments and is responsible for the complete maintenance and inspection of individual pieces of equipment. This position will also support the core reliability processes which consists of Autonomous Maintenance, Early Equipment Management, Training and Focused Improvement.
- • Responsibilities include leading and developing direct reports while fostering a team environment, meeting or exceeding established goals (safety, sanitation, PR%, cost, waste, quality (Q% and 5S)), loss reduction, reliability improvement and other performance standards related to process and packaging systems.
- • Support and develop the HPO teams to ensure that information flow and communication processes, personnel development, problem-solving, goal-setting and process improvement (e.g. A3, PDCA, Breakdown Analysis and 5Why) are all integral parts of teams’ daily work and tasks. This includes leading daily cross shift communications of relevant shift activities such as adjustments, parts/settings changes, downtime, and any planned/unplanned work.
- • The incumbent will also be responsible for the following: o Ensure all safety incident reporting follows proper protocols.
- o Ensure required monthly, quarterly, and yearly training are completed for direct reports.
- o Ensure required work orders are reviewed and completed daily.
- o Coordinate maintenance activities and people resources to meet operational objectives, monitors activities and results.
- o Makes assignments and leads the escalation process and decision making to drive closure to plant losses.
- • Five years of maintenance, manufacturing controls experience
- • Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve problems, ability to diagnose electrical controls and mechanical problems and resolve minor equipment and processing problems
- • Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, CMMS - CHASE, and SAP
- • Proven leadership experience with the ability to direct and support the activities of others
- • Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills
Electrical Electronic Technician – Work Leader 3
- • Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form
- • Ability to effectively facilitate meetings, lead problem-solving initiatives and deliver training (Safety, Food Safety, etc.)
- • Ability to manage and participate in small engineering projects
- • Ability to read electrical schematics and/or mechanical drawings
- • Demonstrated experience managing a technical workgroup that spans multiple shifts
- • Experience managing and directing OEM representatives as well as contractors
- • High school diploma or equivalent
- • Technical degree/certificate
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.