• As a QA Technician I – Inspector/Auditor, the candidate will be part of a High-Performance team that largely manages its own work (self-directed). Teams are responsible for keeping production flowing, meeting performance goals, maintaining a clean/safe work environment and maintaining a high level of quality and service to their customers.
• Samples raw ingredients and packaging materials as they enter the plant and within the facility.
• Examines and tests samples and accurately records results both on paper and on the computer.
• Performs initial troubleshooting activities for operational issues (i.e. foreign material findings, supplier issues, weight issues, etc.) Issues Quality Notifications for materials that are out of specification.
• Conducts testing according to the environmental monitoring program.
• Provides troubleshooting support to the production departments by investigating issues that adversely affect product quality or manufacturing efficiency by recommending potential solutions.
• Communicates problems and test results to the appropriate personnel.
• Performs daily line audits for finished products.
• Participates in cross-functional Production/Maintenance/Materials Management team meetings.
• Proactively participates in weekly Problem Solving events or optimization.
• Also, supports the MAC (Manufacturing Analysis and Costing) process as directed by Team Manager/QA Crew Leader/MAC Coordinator.
• Overtime on a short notice and weekend work is required. This position will require flexibility with shift and workday assignments to support business need requirements and reduce overtime.
• Acceptable attendance
• Meets standards in overall performance rating in the most recent performance review
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Proficient in reading, writing, and math
• Excellent written & oral communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
• One to two years demonstrated quality experience in a manufacturing environment, conducting inspections on the raw materials and packaging
• Proven attention to detail and accuracy
• Must be flexible and adaptable to business needs
• Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills
• Color Vision (ability to detect color) This is due to the need to compare color differences in product and packaging material on a daily basis
• Safety is a priority for the quality team. This person must be able to work safely, recognize concerns, and address the concerns to prevent accidents.
• Proficient with Microsoft applications required. SAP experience
• Strong understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) & the Datamyte system (SPC-based systems)
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.