Amazon is looking for individuals who can thrive in a fast-paced warehouse environment that involves working with and around moving machinery and vehicles. Our facilities are technologically advanced warehouses where our associates bring Amazon orders to life for our customers.
Working in an Amazon Warehouse:
- We are committed to providing one of the safest work environments. This means you wear a reflective vest, stretch, provide safety tips, and recognize each other for working safely.
- We are customer obsessed, and together we focus on our customers to ensure their satisfaction.
- Noise levels vary. Hearing protection is available.
- A relaxed dress code gives you freedom to move around and feel comfortable (but safe) while working.
- Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key; associates should be open to working voluntary and mandatory extra hours and to working at a fast pace.
- Even with climate controls, temperature in some parts of our facilities may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and can occasionally exceed 90 degrees, especially if you are working in the truck yard or inside of a trailer on the dock during a hot day.
- Some tasks will require standing in one place for extended periods of time (up to 10-12 hours a day), while others involve walking around the facility, including climbing stairs – comfortable, closed-toed shoes are a must!
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to read and speak basic English
- Associates must, with or without reasonable accommodation, be able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Sorting packages based on size and destination, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Building, wrapping, sorting, and transporting pallets with pallet jack, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Operating carts, dollies, hand trucks, forklifts, cherry pickers, and other equipment to move large quantities of merchandise, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Climbing and descending stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs), with or without reasonable accommodation
- Working on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
- High school diploma or equivalent