This job involves tabling at farmers markets, museums, botanical gardens, festivals, street fairs and storefronts in the Greater Chicago Area. You are not just selling renewable energy plans - you are making people aware of the fact that they have a choice, and you are educating people about the importance of renewable energy and the need for its growth.
- Sincere desire to help protect the environment.
- Basic understanding/knowledge of renewable energy.
- Intelligent & articulate, with strong aptitude for understanding technology & doing quick calculations.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with good sense of humor.
- High level of personal integrity (honesty and reliability are a must).
- Energetic, motivated, team player.
- Available to work evenings &/or weekends, 20-30 hours/wk.
- Must live in Chicagoland area with access to reliable transportation (CTA acceptable) and personal e-mail account.
- Arrive at selling locations as scheduled, wearing the appropriate branded shirt, badge, and bringing sales materials (all provided).
- Accurately and positively inform prospects in retail and event booth situations about the opportunity to choose pollution-free electricity for their homes.
- Close/sign-up prospects that show interest in Green Mountain Energy® electricity.
- Assist other team members with selling/closing techniques.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass background check & drug screening.
- Personal satisfaction of knowing that you are making an environmental/health difference!
- Good pay and performance-based bonus potential
- 401K benefits, one-year eligibility requirements
- Flexible hours and work days (weekday afternoons/evenings and weekends)
- Ability to work independently while being part of a team
- Opportunity to work at fun events alongside fun colleagues