Job Number: 19-239-11116
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
Description: This position performs general restoration, renovation and maintenance work. Work is performed under the general direction of the Facilities Office Manager with the latitude for exercise of individual knowledge and technical skill. Will serve as a resource specialist in a designated skilled trade. This position requires the ability to be on 24 hour call on a rotating basis.
Minimum 3 years' experience in facility maintenance preferred. Must be proficient with hand tool operation.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Basic knowledge of building systems including plumbing, electrical, mechanical, light carpentry.
- Familiarity with construction terminology.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blue prints and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Self-start, motivated, fulfill expectations with little oversight
- Ability to report on duties performed during the day
- Ability to document/capture jobs performed
- Ability to report on equipment condition
License(s): Current and valid Texas driver's license and a clean driving record required.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
Salary: $37,914 annually.