The position understands basic process flows and receives general instructions from management and is responsible for performing activities including but not limited to receiving product, shipping product, and inventory control of product. Activities also include packaging, crating, bundling, and preparing product for shipment and receiving. Work may include use of banding, stretch wrap machines, RF Scanners, and material handling equipment.
- Receiving Product: Upon receiving product, unload, crate, prepare for receiving, breakdown, and put-away product
- Shipping Product: When shipping product, pick, crate, prepare for shipping, palletize, and load product
- Report any damaged material, short quantities or discrepancies to management immediately.
- Notify management immediately concerning facility issues and needs.
- Return all equipment to correct storage areas at the end of each day.
- Count inventory within assigned areas for inventory accuracy.
- Utilize proper lifting techniques and ask for help when necessary
- Attend all safety training meetings.
- Report all work-related injuries and safety violations to RDC Manager or RDC Assistant Manager
- Comply with governmental safety regulations (OSHA and MSDS)
- All other duties as assigned.
Competencies for Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Safety Commitment
- Minimum Qualifications
- Ability to pass pre-employment screenings, including drug test and background check
- Proficient on at least one piece of MHE.
- Proficient with powered pallet jack.
- Needs to have basic math skills in order to quickly and accurate count, multiple and divide.
- Must be able to use a handheld scanning computer and navigate through multiple screens.
- Desired Qualifications
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Warehouse Associate 1 position for minimum three months with at least one review with a score of 3.5 or better or equivalent experience.
- Warehouse experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, work ethic and attention to detail
The performance of essential job functions for this position require both access to valuable assets and interaction with others under potentially stressful conditions. Therefore, individuals demonstrating a history of illegal substance abuse, theft or violence present a higher risk of loss and may be disqualified.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Able to physically handle material in the warehouse and work with all warehouse equipment
- Must be capable of sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Must be able to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis
- Must be able to use proper techniques to lift 50 pounds
Winsupply is an equal opportunity employer, so it encourages all qualified individuals to apply including minorities, veterans, women, and those with disabilities