The Operator Trainer has the responsibility to handle the training certification, cross-training certification and annual re-certification of the following positions on their shift: insert operator, print operator and hand work associate. The Trainer will work following the outlined training program and standard operating procedures outline by production management and quality departments. This position will require the individual to communicate all material effectively to new hires and current staff under the leadership of the Plant Manager.
- Teaches new operators how to operate mail production machinery, troubleshooting and identifying malfunction in machine performance and make minor adjustments.
- Effectively creates and maintains training material and notes on trainee performance; performs weekly written and hands on evaluations to review with supervisor.
- Maintains a PPLH spreadsheet during training of training, including service time
- Works with supervisors to outline training schedule to help ensure all new hires are properly trained and certified upon hire, current staff are annually re-trained and eligible staff are cross-trained to address staffing weak points across the floor.
- Works cooperatively with other operators, quality personnel and shift management team to achieve maximum production capabilities.
- Creates, updates and maintains relevant SOP’s as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Has one to two (1-2) years in a mail production environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate individually or in a team setting.
- Knowledge and aptitude for operating mail equipment.