Directly reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant - Funds will be responsible for full-service reporting, analysis, and reconciliation of funds holding multiple PV projects. This will include preparing journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, assisting with the month-end close process, and preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements. The successful candidate will be one who takes interest in and ownership of the assigned funds and has a willingness to learn and do whatever is necessary to get the job done in an accurate and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of financial activities in more than one functional area of accounting, such as general accounting, cost accounting, financial budgeting, and analysis.
- Participates in the monthly accounting close by preparing month end accounting close entries.
- Maintains proper controls, documentation, and reconciliations to the financial accounting systems.
- Completes transaction processing to ensure that transactions are properly authorized, recorded and accounted for.
- Participates in financial reporting to ensure that financial operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business.
- Participates in financial statement preparation in accordance with general accepting accounting principles (GAAP).
- Recommends and participates in changes to systems, policies, and procedures to ensure timely and accurate implementation.
- Responsible for quarterly reporting to external parties.
- Assists with external audit requests and inquiries.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited four-year college or university with two (2) to four (4) years of experience; CPA and public accounting experience is preferred.
- Prior experience with real estate or solar energy project fund accounting desired.
- Ability to be a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to effectively collaborate with other business functions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud is desired but not required.
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The position generally requires candidates' presence in our office and is not primarily a tele-work or remote site position. The candidate may interface with customers, financial partners, bank personnel, vendors other employees, including Senior and Executive Management as well as the public.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.