The Regional Manager holds responsibility for the operational, financial and managerial performance of multi-family properties within his/her assigned territory. The ideal candidate is organized, has exceptional customer service skills, and is comfortable with creating and reviewing analytical reports. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with Property Managers in the recruiting, training and evaluating of their teams. Ensure all new hires are appropriately onboarded and trained for their positions. Personally train any new Property Manager(s) and assist with the training of their direct reports.
- Create a positive work environment and develop a high-performing operations team.
- Effectively evaluate talent and make hiring/promotion/termination decisions accordingly
- Audit the daily activities of the Property Manager/Assistant Property Manager with respect to rent collection, evictions, concessions, applications & leases; ensure all are processed according to company policy.
- Oversee marketing and outreach programs of each property to ensure overall occupancy rates and delinquency percentage goals for each property are achieved.
- Resolve any customer service, managerial or operational issue that has escalated beyond the Property Manager
- Analyze and forecast maintenance spending based on future needs; Prepare and submit preliminary annual budget for all properties in assigned portfolio
- Work with the Maintenance Supervisors and Property Managers to ensure projects scheduled according to priority and that purchase orders are generated per company policy
- Manage the financial performance of assigned property portfolio including revenue and expenses, invoice review & approvals, occupancy rates, delinquent accounts, etc.
- Oversee the capital improvement projects at each facility and interface with the construction team as necessary regarding timeliness, problem resolutions, etc.
- Travel to each property at whatever frequency is necessary to achieve goals & objectives. (80-90% of time on-site)
- Meet with local vendors to obtain quotes for onsite jobs; secure home office approvals
- Generate required reports for management team
- Final operational sign-off for all unit renovations
- Manage staffing, training, and performance evaluations of 3-5 direct reports.
- Indirectly manages other property staff members.
- 4 year Degree (preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience as a Property Manager, Portfolio Manager, and/or Regional Manager
- 5 or more years’ experience of managing others
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and ability to learn various other software.
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager or other property management software highly desirable
- Must be able to travel 50-80% of the time to assigned properties