The Historic East Baltimore Community Action Coalition (HEBCAC) is seeking an Administrative Coordinator on a full-time basis. The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for administrative tasks related to the general operating of the internal and external programs of HEBCAC and the oversight of maintenance of the building at 1212 N Wolfe Street. The position requires excellent attention to detail and the ability to respond to complex, multi-variable issues with diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality.
HEBCAC is a nonprofit community development corporation founded in 1994 by area residents, in partnership with Baltimore City, the State of Maryland, and Johns Hopkins University. HEBCAC’s mission is to work with residents and other stakeholders to support healthy, thriving households and neighborhoods in the 220-block area bounded by Edison Highway, Aisquith Street, North Avenue, and Fayette Street. HEBCAC focuses on both physical infrastructure and human capital challenges residents and neighborhoods are facing. HEBCAC is located at 1212 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21213. More information is available on the organization’s website: www.hebcac.org.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinating and performing administrative duties, providing confidential secretarial support to the Executive Director, assisting with project activities, records administration, and maintaining a high level of customer service excellence and detail orientation
- Assist with job postings, interviewing and onboarding new staff
- Maintain personnel files
- Answer office telephone and perform day-to-day administrative activities such as taking messages and greeting guests
- Oversee on a day-to-day basis the front desk staff at two buildings, janitorial services, and security personnel
- Coordinate and implement office services such as, purchasing, records control, projects, and budget accounting operations for internal programs and some external community events
- Troubleshoot phone, connectivity and computer problems with IT service
- Maintain electronic files for the admin staff and organize records in compliance with the funders and stakeholders
- Draft, proofread, and/or edit correspondence, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and standardized formatting
- Interpret operating policies and practices of HEBCAC, the School of Medicine and the University.
- Exercise independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems.
- Work closely with our administration and finance team, to carry out the administrative tasks necessary for smooth operation of grants and projects.
- Coordinate collection and preparation of financial and operations reports.
- Problem solve with regards to administrative and operating issues
- Ensure that email is correctly acknowledged and tracked in a timely manner
- Assist with detailed documentation for operating and programmatic expenses
- Independently resolve schedule conflicts, prioritize request, and confirm and track event and meeting details
- Maintain in-kind support lists and wish lists for shelter and food pantry items
- Coordinate monthly staff and board meetings with Executive Director
- Handle correspondence related to delays and errors in the purchasing department
- Update HEBCAC website and other social media accounts
- Draft, format, and polish reports, press releases, forms, posters, and slide presentations
- Assist with general maintenance of the building including coordinating with contractors to perform emergency and regular building maintenance
- Interface with building tenants regarding maintenance concerns
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative experience required
- Additional education may be substituted for required experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula*
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required as well as good decision-making skills and an attention to detail
- Qualified candidate must be able to work independently and have exceptional organization, time management and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Word and Excel required SAP experience a plus
- This position requires attention to detail, flexibility, excellent computer skills, a high level of independent thinking, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Classified Title: Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/03/OE
Starting Hourly Pay Range: $17.59-$24.80-$32.60/ Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30am - 5pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: HEBCAC General Administration
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.