The Compensation Analyst is responsible for performing a variety of research and analytical functions in support of the Engineering compensation programs, policies, practices, and position management, including classification, document tracking and processing, database management, records management, and other related duties as assigned. This individual will also focus on ongoing strategic complex compensation initiatives and solutions for the divisions within the Engineering Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, compiles, and analyzes benchmark salary survey data from internal and external sources to determine market trends, appropriate job titles, classifications and competitive salary ranges utilizing relevant market data, and geographic and industry specific variables.
- Participates in major compensation initiatives including a compensation framework to support job architecture implementation, career progression creation and pay equity to provide job clarity and transparency on role expectations, responsibilities, and accountability.
- Creates and conducts salary surveys and participates in salary surveys from other counties and public entities throughout the United States.
- Provides consultation, guidance, and expertise to Engineering divisions on matters relative to compensation and position control management to ensure programs, policies and practices are current, effective, and meet business goals.
- Collaborates with divisions on corrective actions to ensure position salaries and budgets are within the appropriate salary ranges and assigned budget amounts.
- Collaborates with IT on data uploads, testing, and ongoing changes to compensation related technology solutions (PeopleSoft, ERI, Payfactors) for benchmarking and position control management.
- Performs compensation projects as required.