Are you passionate about saving lives? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? If so, we have an exciting and rewarding position for you as a Phlebotomist at our non-profit blood bank!
We are seeking a skilled and reliable Phlebotomist to join our team in providing life-saving blood products to our community. As a Phlebotomist, you will be responsible for collecting blood donations from our generous donors, ensuring proper collection techniques, and processing and labeling the donations for transport to our laboratory.
- Obtains medical history and vitals from donors and/or patients
- Performs phlebotomy and collection procedures to collect blood or blood components
- Displays excellent customer service and professionalism towards all customers
- Assists with the recruitment of potential apheresis, and bone marrow donors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND DESIGNATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read, understand and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to organize work for timely completion
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to speak, write, read, and understand English
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Full Time $16.50/hour
- $3-$5 hourly shift differential if assigned to Mobiles
- Paid on-the-job training
- Full Benefit package (Health, Dental, Vision Insurance)
- PTO and Retirement Package