- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have successfully completed one of the following:
- An approved accredited apprenticeship (4-year program) in HVAC or Steamfitting and have obtained 3-years of Journey-person level on the job experience post program graduation.
2.) HVAC or Steamfitter trade-specific vocational school (2-year program) and have obtained 5 years of Journey-person level on the job experience post program graduation.
3.) HVAC or Steamfitter trade-specific military school(s) or corporate training program and have obtained 5 years of journey-person level on the job experience post program completion.
- Must have 5-7 years of experience with HVAC and/or Steam systems.
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the position including extensive walking, standing, bending, climbing stairs/ladders, and the ability to lift at least 50 lbs. Must have valid driver’s license, free of any suspension or revocation, from the individual’s state of permanent residency. Must be able to accept rotating shift work if required.
- Must have the ability, experience and willingness to perform multi- skilled trade functions as assigned or as operational needs dictate.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods used in the maintenance and operation of steam distribution, HVAC, and building mechanical systems; as well as understanding of the components associated with these systems (valves , steam Traps, pumps, coils, AHU's, etc.)
- Experience in using the materials, tools, and equipment used in the installation, maintenance and repair of steam, HVAC and building equipment.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing all components associated with steam, HVAC and building mechanical systems.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge in understanding and utilizing safe work practices and PPE as defined by OSHA and other governing entities. (What is LOTO, JSA, PRCS, PPE, etc.)
- Experience energizing, operating, and maintaining steam distribution systems with pressures ranging from 0-250 psi.
- Experience interpreting and working from schematics, drawings, sketches and O&M manuals.
- Experience repairing and troubleshooting both pneumatic and DDC
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.