Domestic Operations Agent
Hanover, MD • Warehouse
Priority Worldwide is a full-service logistics provider operating around the globe. Our philosophy is to ensure the Ultimate Customer Experience and facilitate the creation of new, sustainable business through enhanced team cooperation and employee awareness.
We are seeking an experienced Domestic Operations Agent with extensive prior work experience in handling domestic shipments. The preferred candidate will possess a well-versed knowledge of domestic operations, including dispatching, routing and quoting of shipments that will transit within the US for domestic and international moves (air and ocean freight).
A strong candidate will contribute to the high quality of Priority Worldwide’ s team, and as result, gain much respect from within the company and abroad. Candidates must be accommodating to diverse cultures and willing to work with people that may possess few English-speaking skills. A friendly-professional attitude and teamwork are essential to success in this role.
- Cost effective and timely dispatch and routing of shipments
- Monitor client related emails
- Track and trace cargo
- Update our systems with relevant documents and shipment notes
- Follow-up with agents to confirm pickups
- Alert agents for deliveries
- Daily warehouse dock checks in the evening to ensure all correct freight is in the proper location, accounted for and properly labeled
- Coordinate airport drops daily to ensure cutoffs are in compliance
- Assist with repacking and labeling of cargo in the warehouse as needed
- Ensure vendor compliance with Priority Worldwide's service standards and report deficiencies
- Assist with preparing and reviewing documentation
- Prepare quotes and shipments
- 2 Years of experience handling domestic freight in a freight forwarder environment
- Experience with CargoWise is preferred
- Previous warehousing work experience is preferred
- Strong customer service skills to help retain and develop new customers
- Ability to cooperatively interact with knowledgeable and inexperienced clients by effectively expressing Priority Worldwide's knowledge base
- Ability to deal with stressful situations and rebound to keep up morale.
- Strong organizational skills to ensure accurate and timely completion of tracking duties.
- Strong team ethic; promote and ensure strong team environment.
Benefits and Compensation:
Individual compensation packages are based on various factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons.
- Salary $50,000-$70,000 annually, depending on experience
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 3 Days of Paid Time off for Volunteer Work
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- 529E College Savings Program
- Retirement Plan
- $20,000 Term Life Insurance Plan
- Mental Health Plan
- Identify Theft Protection Plan