The Benefit Analyst works collaboratively with the Producer and Account Executive to manage an assigned book of business.
The Benefit Analyst primarily provides technical support that requires a thorough understanding of employee benefits, ability to think critically and provide strategic direction, application of advanced math and Excel skills and the ability to establish and maintain collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Functions as the analytical subject matter in strategy meetings with Account Executive and Producer.
- Develops and communicates strategy for RFPs, results and reports to carrier partners/vendors.
- Interprets client’s needs and makes recommendations on direction of RFP and contribution analysis.
- Understands and analyzes the respective markets and products in order to find the best solutions to meet client’s needs.
- Examines benefits and claims data for inclusion in RFPs, organizes carrier & vendor bids received and follows up on non-responses and late submissions.
- Negotiates with carriers throughout the RFP process.
- Addresses carrier questions during RFP process and advises carriers on the client benefit strategy.
- Conducts claims analysis and contribution modeling.
- Interprets census data and evaluates it for accuracy.
- Communicates with Account Executives and Producers on status of marketing activity.
- Reviews insurance bids for compliance with specifications, identifying key differences in bids, and maintaining client databases within internal systems.
- Creates and updates templates used during the strategy and marketing process.
- Adds to and maintains client access to external online portals.
- Provides training as a subject-matter-expert to other Client Services team members on various
- Manages and assists with client-related service issues and open enrollment meetings
*Position may be hybrid (a few days in the office & a few days at home) based in any Los Angeles or Orange County office
*T he expected salary range for this position is $64,480 to $65,000 and will be impacted by factors such as the successful candidate’s skills, experience and working location, as well as the specific position’s business line, scope and level. HUB International is proud to offer comprehensive benefit and total compensation packages which could include health/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, FSA, HSA and 401(k) accounts, paid-time-off benefits, and eligible bonuses, equity and commissions for some positions.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of college work and work experience.
- Must have advanced Excel skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and team commitment.
- Must hold a valid CA Life Agent license or will obtain
- Demonstrated math aptitude to include the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel. Knowledge of Project Management software and Database software is a plus.
Join the HUB team and watch your career take off! Apply today!