Summary: Provides and coordinates nursing case management care for hospice home care patients.
- Provides direct nursing care case management work appropriate for a licensed RN.
- Participates in the development of the patient’s plan of care and coordinates the services and activities of the multidisciplinary team in respect to the plan of care.
- Documents activities and assessments in the clinical information system.
- Provides support to patient’s family/friends including education, expectations, and reporting changes in condition.
- Understands and is compliant with organizational policies and processes relating to regulatory, accreditation and privacy standards.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current Texas license.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- 1+ years of hospice experience or experience in a hospital setting is required.
- Current certification in basic life support.
- Ability to function as part of interdisciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate with team members and patients from a diverse community.
- Knowledge about hospice industry and experience in a hospice or hospital setting is strongly preferred.
- Experience using a clinical information system is preferred.
- Reliable transportation and/or reliable insured vehicle and valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Ability to travel to multiple work locations throughout the day.