Boston Logan International Airport- Boston, MA
Aviation Security Officer
Security Officers are trained for several different posts including those detailed below. Working in conjunction with the airport and government agencies, the main priority of each position is to ensure that we maintain compliance with local and federal regulations in respect to each of the following:
- Aircraft Access Control: by assuring that only authorized personnel enter the aircraft while on the ground.
- Aircraft Ramp Access Control: by providing AOA access control & safety oversight while aircraft is on the ground
- Aircraft Search: by meticulously searching all areas of the aircraft according to company, and federal regulations to ensure the safety of travelers pre-departure.
- Baggage Security: by surveillance of bag room & baggage make up area to ensure no baggage is stolen or pilfered.
- Catering Security: by providing surveillance at the catering kitchen, searching all catering equipment, and ensuring that nothing is tampered with in transit from the facilities to aircraft.
- Passenger Verification: by providing exemplary customer service in airport terminal while making sure that all passengers have valid identification and are authorized to board flights
- Successful candidates with be motivated self-starters able to maintain situational awareness and vigilance in a fast-paced airport environment.
- This position requires you obtain Airport Badging, and The Department of Homeland Security requires an extensive background check to obtain badging which include 10-year verifiable background check, including criminal, employment, credit, education, and personal references. Also, must be able to pass a Security Threat Assessment as administered by the Transportation Security Administration