LinQuest is seeking a Network Engineer to support our Air Force customer, the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) Integration Directorate (AFNWC/NC). The AFNWC/NC mission, formally nomenclated as AN/USQ-22, is to deliver integrated NC3 capabilities warfighters use every day to deter and assure capabilities against our adversaries. The AFNWCDirectorate ensures ongoing NC3 programs, legacy systems and new capabilities are fully integrated as part of the Air Force’s overall effort to sustain, modernize, and recapitalize the nuclear enterprise. The Directorate serves as an integrator ensuring that current and future NC3 capabilities across the spectrum are being evaluated and considered in concert with NC3 mission requirements.
The AFNWC/NC is subordinate to the AFNWC and is responsible for integrating NC3 materiel management across the Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) to include, authority and responsibility for weapon system architecture, weapon system configuration management, weapon system risk management, product support integration, overall integration, system test, system verification and system certification. The directorate advises Air Force Global Strike Command (AFGSC) on the NC3 Weapon System's technical architecture and informs key decisions regarding investment and modernization. The directorate is also responsible for the weapon system’s configuration management, system test, system verification, and system certification.
The AN/USQ-22 is a communication system of systems and is the amalgamation of the communications terminals, radios, direct ancillary communications devices and communications support equipment located on or within USAF-operated/supported national nuclear, Senior Leader, or NC3 nodes and employed to execute nuclear command and control.
- Providing direction on program development of software architectures and designs concepts, hardware development such as electronic circuits, electronic devices or equipment for purposes such as communications, computation, sensing and control.
- Providing overall technical direction and guidance for performing requirements definition, development, modification, integration, validation, testing, redesign, when necessary, and special investigations associated with development and sustainment support activities for all assigned systems, to include performance analyses, modeling and simulation, hardware/software investigations and reliability or maintainability studies.
- Determining logical solutions to major problems and develops or initiates changes to system architecture and/or hardware and software designs to resolve said problems.
- Determining compatibility and interoperability issues of assigned systems and other related integrated systems and notifies appropriate managerial, engineering and operational organizations of possible impacts to system mission effectiveness.
- Reviewing systems documentation including plans, specifications, design data, procedures and other associated documents in support of assigned systems and for systems that interface with assigned systems.
- Developing comprehensive technical documentation for engineering forecasts, status reporting and detailed planning of projects.
- Experience with all facets of network engineering to include network engineering for a complex computer network and/or electronic systems including Command and Control (C2), airborne networking and Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) sensor systems for Air Force acquisition programs.
- Expertise on communications systems across Air Force airborne and ground-based platforms, fixed facilities and mobile/transportable systems
- Experience working with Nuclear C3 community stakeholders such as AFGSC, USSTRATCOM, and the AFNWC.
- BS in Engineering Discipline OR 3-yrs work experience OR Associate Degree plus 4-yrs work experience
- Three years of experience in Network Engineering or Comparable Functional Skill Set
- An active Secret clearance is required to be considered for this position. And must be able to obtain a TS/SCI
- MS in Engineering Discipline OR 12 yrs work experience OR Bachelor's Degree plus 8 yrs work
- 10 years of experience in Network Engineering or Comparable Functional Skill Set
Licenses & Certifications