Provides exceptional service to all guests and potential guests by assisting them in a friendly, efficient, courteous and professional manner. Performs all Front Desk related functions including but not limited to checking guests in and out, promoting company programs, maintaining guest records, cash handling, monitoring guest satisfaction, problem resolution, etc. May also assist with set up breakfast and kickback which may include food preparation, set up, service and or cleaning after service. May be asked to perform duties of a Hot Breakfast Host / Hostess or Bartender when needed. Maintains a high standard of integrity, service and hospitality at all times to promote the Drury culture with customers and co-workers.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
Requires ability to take written and verbal direction in English and speak English clearly. Requires the ability to relate to the public in a warm, friendly manner. Requires the ability to pay attention to detail and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Requires thorough knowledge of Drury Hotel’s policies and procedures. Requires the ability to handle money, make change, and utilize office machines in normal day to day activities. Must be willing to and have the ability to work alone as scheduled.
- Has a +1 service attitude and provides courteous, friendly guest service by anticipating guest’s needs. Responds promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests and complaints both in person and on the phone. Assist guests throughout their stay to ensure they are able to Travel Happy.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels. Keeps current knowledge of marketing programs, special rates and promotions and promotes to guests. Actively encourages guests to learn more about the Drury Rewards program.
- Keeps accurate information in all resources as required and maintains company records as outlined in the Company’s procedures.
- Ensures the front desk / lobby area of the hotel is clean and well maintained.
- Refuses to serve liquor to anyone who is under age, or who appears inebriated. Follows all company policies regarding alcohol service.
- Completes accurate accounting of money, receipts, guest accounts and credit through operation of the PMS system and secures Company assets and funds as required by Company procedures.
- Monitors guest experience with face to face interactions, phone interactions and surveys and informs management of special comments / needs of guests.
- Communicates with other departments as needed regarding housekeeping needs, guest requests, maintenance issues, etc.
- Appreciates the diversity of our team and guests and contributes to maintaining a positive and inclusive work environment at all times.
- Assists with Breakfast and 5:30 Kickback preparation, service and clean up as needed.
- Sells items from the Market (the guest pantry). If selling alcohol, team member is required to check ID regardless of age.
- Assists with servicing meeting rooms as needed.
- Complies with the hotel’s safety and security rules and instructions in preforming work effectively while protecting self, fellow workers, and the hotel.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings and provide follow up as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
AGE: G.S.A.s must be 18 years or older. If a hotel sells alcohol in the market, follow state / local age limits for serving / selling alcohol.
EDUCATION: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Completion of two years of college preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in working with the public in a service industry or in
related activities is preferred.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS: If selling or serving alcohol, must have appropriate permit / license
and meet all state, and local laws regarding the sale / service of alcohol.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Requires ability to walk and stand during entire working period of 8 hours; requires ability to lift 10- 15 pounds.
- Reports to the Hotel Management Team.
- Maintains and promotes a positive and cooperative work relationship with all hotel departments.