The Customer Service Representative is responsible for building lasting customer relationships to maximize freight opportunities and support on-time and accurate delivery of customer orders to meet customer satisfaction requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Consistently and continually solicit committed and non-committed freight orders from a designated and assigned customer base via a multitude of communication exchanges daily to commensurate with company and business level needs.
- Aggressively monitor load prospects and actively accept customer loads that fit with business needs.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships to allow for the greatest opportunities in generating the highest level of freight order volumes.
- Communicate scheduling and rescheduling information between the customer, supplier, receiver and the driver or outside carrier.
- Keep customers informed of the status of deliveries, including in some cases updating of the customer web sites or EDI exchanges. Contact load planning and fleet management whenever it appears likely that Tribe may not meet a commitment to seek alternate truck assignment for the load or other solution to prevent service failure to customer.
- Maintain consistent education of freight seasonality to ensure maximum profitable opportunities for Tribe freight.
- Understand and communicate assigned customer metrics internally and maintain quality control on customer account operation procedures.
- Prepare and execute pass down status reports to the Night Dispatch team.
- Enter and ensure accurate load information and data into the TMW system.
- Responsible for cross training CSRs and Information Specialists on Tribe’s Standard Operating Procedures [SOP].
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by management.