POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, this position performs repairs, upgrades and installs new equipment safely. Is responsible for supporting and demonstrating the Core Values of Integrity, Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation and Financial Success. Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs daily PM’s and repairs on all equipment
- Performs installation of all new equipment
- Able to determine parts needed for repairs.
- Able to communicate well with operators and management of daily needs
- Fill out any reports of problems or parts ordering
- Ability to properly operate band saws, drill presses, grinders and other shop tools.
- Keeps work area clean and organized
- Troubleshoot issues with plant machinery.
- Repair molds and use appropriate setup procedures.
- Replace or repair bearings and related parts.
- Make minor wiring repairs.
- Create fabrications from drawings.
- Make repairs in precarious, high locations, and enclosed areas.
- Must perform welding in various positions, locations and weld various types of joints.
- Replace equipment parts with proper instructions and tools.
- Start or jog equipment to perform maintenance tasks.
- Order minor parts.
- Works with operators and supervisors to solve problem with machinery.
- Performs all maintenance on equipment and tools within the specified safety requirements.
- Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- Regular attendance is required
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School education or equivalent. Experience 5+ years in machinery maintenance experience required.
- On-the-job training experience is required to be able to perform duties.
- Able to weld with stick or MIG welders and run oxy/ act torch.
- Requires basic reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Ability to operate bagging lines and wet cast bathing plant, forklift and any other equipment required to perform duties.
- Good Fabrication skills.
- Some PLC and VFD knowledge
- Problem solving skills.
- Good mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic trouble shooting skills.
- Familiar with chain and belt conveyor components.
- Forklift and some heavy equipment knowledge.
- Regular attendance is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing, walking, talking/listening, twisting at the neck, reaching with hands and arms below shoulder level.
- Lifting up-to 100 pounds.
- Regular attendance is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Works near moving mechanical parts, works in high precarious places, heat or cold (non-weather conditions), vibration.
- Plant environment with loud noise, moving machinery, dusty, dirty.
- Outdoor weather conditions.
- Extreme temperatures.
- Wear mandatory and/or other appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)