Salary- $1,942.78 Biweekly
The Broward Sheriff's Office is now offering condensed testing for out of area candidates. Human Resources will schedule and coordinate the selection process within a short time frame to minimize travel. Applicants are responsible for all travel expenses.
- Minimum age of 19 years.
- United States Citizen at time of application (F.S.S.943.13(2)).
- High school diploma or equivalent. An evaluation of foreign high school diploma may be required.
- Must not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement as an adult. All other arrests and convictions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. All candidates must have good moral character as determined by a background investigation (F.S.S. 943.13). If ever arrested, candidates must submit official court documents and police reports with the application. A written statement explaining the arrest and the outcome must also be attached to the application for review. Official court documents can be obtained from the Clerk of the Court in the county in which the incident occurred. Documents must be submitted with your application.
- Must successfully pass the Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT), swimming and basic motor skills tests prior to submitting an application. Your test results must be submitted with your application.
- If claiming Veteran's Preference, candidates must attach a DD214 Member 4 form to the online application.
- Must possess and maintain throughout employment, a valid Florida driver license without any restrictions affecting job performance. Driver license must show current address. All candidates must submit with the application, a Certified Department of Motor Vehicles "entire" driving history.
- Florida driving histories can be obtained at any courthouse in Broward County. Three year, 7 year, and online Florida driving history records will not be accepted.
- If you have possessed a driver's license in any other state in the past 10 years you will need to submit an "entire" driving history from that state. For non-Florida driving histories, please contact that state's division of motor vehicles.
- The search date for all driving histories must be within one month of the date the application for employment is received by the Bureau of Human Resources.
- Driving history records must be attached to the online application.
DO NOT SUBMIT THE ON-LINE APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE LAW ENFORCEMENT CRIMINAL JUSTICE BASIC ABILITIES TEST (CJBAT), SWIMMING & BASIC MOTOR SKILLS TESTS AND HAVE ATTAINED ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMITTING THE ONLINE APPLICATION:
- CJBAT, SWIMMING and BASIC MOTOR SKILLS tests results
- If ever arrested, submit official court disposition, police report, and written statement for review
- Certified "entire" driving history
- DD214 Member 4 form (if claiming Veterans' Preference)
To view additional information on the required CJBAT, Swimming and Basic Motor Skills tests, please visit the Broward College Institute of Public Safety Testing Center website: Testing Center
To view the Broward College Physical Fitness Preparation Guide, please click on the following link: Physical Fitness Preparation Guide