Our Passenger Rail Vehicle Test Technician will work in an experienced team and exciting environment on next generation rail vehicles. Our vehicles are connecting cities all over the United States and are assembled and tested right here in Sacramento, CA. You will be mainly responsible for commissioning and troubleshooting, repairing and improving our vehicles. We currently have 10 open positions available.
- Commissioning and troubleshooting light rail vehicles, locomotives and/or coaches.
- Perform, with the use of mechanical drawings, schematics and location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of various components.
- Use laptops with subsystem software to troubleshoot and test electrical, hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems.
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in passenger rail control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed
- Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information, maintain the information, and compile reports
- Communicate in a team, to the supervisors and colleagues, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, improvements and other work-related information.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED)
- Minimum 1 year’s experiences in relevant field
- Post-secondary graduate from technical or trade school
- Must be proficient in reading and working with electrical, pneumatic, mechanical circuit diagrams to troubleshooting failures in the affected system
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in the following areas could potentially transfer over into a Passenger Rail Test Technician; Maintenance, Automotive, Aircraft, Marine, Diesel, Electronics, Mechatronics, Avionic, Generator, Heavy Equip, Engineering Technicians
- Technician experience in the rail industry