HCZ requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accordingly, successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
We are currently seeking a College Coordinator who will be responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive college and career awareness program for high school students. The College Coordinator will also develop activities based on the following goals: financial development/economic responsibility, political awareness, and community development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a college preparation component that includes college awareness; college financial aid application process; college tours/visitation; partnerships with college advisors and college board; SAT preparation; partnerships with alternative/trade schools; internship opportunities; and other interactive programs
- Correspond regularly with stakeholders to follow up on past students
- Create and implement a comprehensive regent prep program
- Recruit, retain, and revitalize high school students to participate in the program
- Meet with Student Advocates, Tutors, and Aides through weekly supervisions and component meetings
- Conduct presentations and outreach to high schools for the development of the program
- Provide weekly component updates and reports
- Develop effective working relationships with the teachers and parents of the students participating in the program
- Review staff case, tutoring notes, attendance sheets, and notes for the system to maintain accuracy with attendance and grouping
- Create a component calendar and schedule regular parent/participant meetings and events to increase communication with families
- Design and implement creative programming that addresses the needs of the participants in the program (i.e., trips, workshops, guest speakers, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge Requirements
- A commitment to the mission and programs of HCZ
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years working in youth development
- Must have knowledge of the New York City school system
- Ability to effectively engage students
- Patient, motivated, well organized, with exceptional communication skills
- Dedicated to providing positive outcomes for children and families residing in Harlem
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. The compensation range for this position is $50,000-$55,000 per year. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.