We build a culture around:
Perform installation and repair of PVC and vinyl type flat roofs of commercial buildings.
Work in new install, replacement of previously installed/damage, and repair of asphalt and TPO roofing systems
What We Offer
- Competitive wages starting at $20p/h
- Full benefits - medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k w/ company match
- Extensive safety training and state of the art equipment for a safe work environment
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Flynn University programs for leadership and development training
What We Are Seeking
- ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE WELCOME TO APPLY!!!
- Experience with various commercial roofing systems is ideal but not required
- Experience with the use of hand-held and power tools such as hand torches, hot air welders, spray equipment, air compressor, nail gun, tile saw, etc. is ideal but not required
- Experience working with all types of building materials.
- Usage of various types of roofing system materials and coating applications such as single ply, modified bitumen, tile, BUR, etc.
- Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolds, and stairs, and comfortably lift approximately 50 pounds.
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to work and communicate with others
- Ability to safety work at heights
- Ability to learn and follow our extensive company safety policy
- Assist foreman with commercial roofing safety procedures and OSHA requirements.
- Work at heights while following safety protocols
- Ability to learn and follow our extensive safety policy
A Day In The Life
- Work safely with all members of the crew on installation of roofing systems
- Single ply roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics or asphalt compositions
- Conventional 4 ply (built up roofing) systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Modified Bitumen (Mod-bit) roofing
- Standing seam metal roofing
- Install vapor barriers and/or layers of insulation on the roof decks of flat roofs, and seal the seams
- Cut roofing paper to size using knives; and nail or staple roofing paper to roofs in overlapping strips to form bases for other materials
- Install partially overlapping layers of material over roof insulation surfaces, determining distance of roofing material overlap
- Set up barrier, scaffolding, and any other measures necessary to provide safe access to roofs
- Coat top layers to make a smooth finish, or embed gravel in the mod-bit for rough surfaces
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit
- Transfer materials from storage or work sites to designated area
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators
- Shovels loose materials such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics, or chemicals, into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels