Seeking motivated sales individual who is a team player, ability to multi-task and communicate with carriers to locate and secure equipment to move time sensitive temperature- controlled freight in multiple locations around the United States. The position requires the ability to negotiate rates paid to the carrier, tender load information and manage both carrier and driver service to achieve the desired result for our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Determine load availability for the day based on loads booked and contact carriers capable and able to deliver the load within customer specifications.
- Daily cold-calling of qualified carriers based on warm source leads.
- Build, update and maintain a core carrier base that is used every day to cover booked and potential Tribe freight.
- Maintain a prosperous working relationship with carriers by building rapport with primary contacts.
- Constant solicitation of new carriers to continue growth of brokerage capacity.
- Recognize carrier’s lanes and strategy to open reverse selling opportunities to obtain additional freight.
- Consistently check emails from carriers and the dispatcher to determine load status.
- Utilize transportation management system to track and trace delivery status and determine load ETA.
- Assist dispatch team in maintaining customer expectations to ensure increased customer KPI scores.
- Engage multiple location services via the internet and the transportation management system to search for available carriers to maximize Tribe freight opportunities.
- Responsible for calculation rates to be charged on loads.
- Sustain consistent working patterns as established by management to maximize sales opportunities.
- Assist Transport Operations Manager to coach, teach and train new staff as needed.
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by management.