Under the direct supervision of the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Assistant is responsible for supporting all Customer Service Representatives functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Primary responsibility for entering all customer orders into the Transportation Management system with accuracy and appropriate speed.
- Assist in setting up load pick up and delivery appointments with all customers.
- Understand and execute all customer requirements for freight temperatures and handling.
- Update customer websites with load arrival and tracking information.
- Advise, resolve and provide disposition information on load overages, shortages and damages as reported by the receiver.
- Secure load delivery confirmation and post it to the customer website.
- Serve as a backup for Customer Service Representative.
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by management.