As a fast-growing company, Williams Creek is seeking high-drive individuals to fulfill multiple Field Technician positions. A college or technical degree is not required for the Field Technician position.
Position Available: Field Technician
Location: Based in Greater Indianapolis, projects within Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours per week: 40-50 hours per week, no weekends, or holidays
Hourly Rate: Based on experience/overtime is paid at 1.5x hourly base rate / per diem
Benefits: Competitive benefits, Health, 401k, PTO, and a bonus program for eligible full-time Team Members
Field technicians will assist Team Leaders / Crew Foreman in daily tasks required to complete project goals and objectives. A typical workday includes some, but is not limited to, the following items:
· Light and heavy equipment operation
· Rough, finish, and fine grading for seedbed preparation
· Installation of trees, shrubs, plugs, and seeding relating to turf, prairies, wetlands, and woodlands
· Mulch, stone, and compost installation
· Sediment control device installation (silt fence, erosion control blanket, etc.)
· Invasive species management via mechanical and chemical application
· Native and invasive plant identification
· Green infrastructure (raingardens, BMPs, detention basins)
Individuals interested in this position must be able to work in adverse conditions (rain/heat/cold) and can carry items upwards of 50lbs. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. The position will not require a college or technical degree but rather a passion to work and learning in outside environments. Traditional landscape, agriculture, and equipment operation skillsets typically align very well with this line of work.
Williams Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.